Our extended warranty program is managed through a 3rd party, Clyde.
Clyde is an insurance technology company that has built a marketplace of top-rated insurers. Clyde enables Levy Electric Scooters to offer our customers great product protection coverage. We work closely with Clyde to manage our protection plan program.
What’s included in the Clyde Protection Plan?
Clyde Protection Plans cover accidental damage from the time you receive delivery of your product, as well as extending our 6-month manufacturing warranty to a 1-year term, giving you accident coverage and extending your limited warranty.
Your Clyde Protection Plan does not cover:
- Products that are delivered damaged
- Cosmetic damage, like scratches, that don’t impact the product’s functionality
- Damage from third-party installation of a product
- Loss or theft
How do I view the terms and conditions of the Clyde Protection Plan before I buy it?
You can view the detailed terms and conditions contract here: Terms & Conditions
When does the Clyde Protection Plan begin and end?
Clyde accident coverage is active starting on the day your product is delivered through the end of your contract. The extended warranty begins on the day the limited warranty expires and ends 1 year from the date of delivery.
Purchase a Clyde Protection Plan
Do I qualify for Clyde Protection Plan options?
The Clyde Protection Plan is available to you if all of the following are true:
- You are a customer in the United States of America (excluding territories)
- You purchased directly from Levy Electric (online or an official Levy Electric store)
- Your order was placed on or after 8/29/2020
- You purchased an eligible product (The Levy Electric Scooter or Levy Plus Electric Scooter)
How do I purchase a protection plan?
There are three ways to add a Clyde Protection Plan to your product:
- During checkout at levyelectric.com
○ You can choose the Clyde protection plan option at checkout when purchasing your product.
- Through the link in the post-purchase email within 30 days of purchasing the product.
○ After purchase, you may receive an email from Clyde offering the option to add protection. You can click the link in the email, which will direct you to the Clyde website.
- Directly from Clyde’s customer portal, HiClyde.com
○ You have 30 days from the date of purchase or the delivery to purchase a protection plan. It will be necessary to create a Clyde account prior to completing the plan purchase through this method. You must use the same email address that was used when purchasing your product so that we can link your Clyde account to your product purchase.
When are you ineligible to purchase a Clyde Protection Plan
- You cannot purchase a protection plan after an accident occurs.
- You cannot purchase a protection plan after 30 days from the product’s delivery date.
How can I file a claim?
To file a claim on hiclyde.com, you have two options. You can log into your Clyde account, select the appropriate product, and click “File a Claim,” or you can file a claim as a guest by entering the Contract ID found in your confirmation email into the homepage on hiclyde.com. You’ll typically receive an update on your claim within 48-72 hours and can check in on the status of your claim in your Clyde account at any time.
Can I file multiple claims?
Yes, you can file multiple claims using your Clyde Protection Plan during the course of the contract’s term. You are covered for multiple repairs up to the value of the original product purchase price.
If your claim is approved for a replacement product, then your contract is void. You will have the option to purchase a new protection plan for your replacement on hiclyde.com.
Is there a deductible?
There are no deductibles.
Is the Clyde Protection Plan transferable?
Yes, this plan may be transferred to any person in the United States. To initiate the transfer of a plan, contact Clyde at email@example.com.
Does this Plan provide coverage for theft or lost items?
No, this Plan does not cover for loss or theft.
Can the Clyde Protection Plan be canceled?
Yes, plans may be canceled. Reimbursement will be prorated based on time remaining on the contract and reduced by value of any claims previously covered. A full refund is available if the cancellation is made within 30 days of purchase.